Van Horn Economic Development Corporation
The Van Horn EDC was established in 1995 as a 4B Economic Development Corporation to pursue projects and initiatives that promote economic development within the Town of Van Horn. The Van Horn Economic Development Corporation is committed to improving the quality of life in Van Horn, encouraging regional business expansion, and introducing tourists to the vast beauty of Far West Texas.
Van Horn EDC Board of Directors:
- Becky Brewster, President
- Ben File, Vice President
- Dan Baeza, Secretary
- Rosario Yglecias, Treasurer
- Lisa Cottrell, Board Member
- Sophia Porter, Board Member
- Laura Reyes, Board Member
The Van Horn EDC offers facade grants for local businesses and non-profits seeking to spruce up the exterior of their buildings to revitalize downtown and commercial zones. If you are interested in applying, please review and submit the following application to email@example.com.
Additionally, the State of Texas offers a portfolio of incentives to qualifying businesses, including:
- The Texas Enterprise Fund provides grants for business expansion or relocation.
- The Texas Enterprise Zone Program provides state sales and use tax refunds to qualified projects in economically distressed communities. Van Horn, TX is a qualifying economically distressed community.
- The Texas Skills Development Fund provides financing for customized job training programs for businesses that want to train new employees or sharpen the skills of their workers.
The Van Horn EDC meets on the third Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm CT in the Van Horn Convention Center, 1801 W Broadway St, Van Horn, TX, 79855.
If you would like to be placed on the agenda, please complete an Agenda Request Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org . The Agenda Request Form is due on Wednesday at 12:00 noon on the week prior to the regular meeting.
If you would like to address the Van Horn EDC, please complete a Speaker Request Form and submit it to email@example.com prior to the start of the meeting.
Becky Brewster, Van Horn EDC President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Krissy Lerdal, VHEDC Coordinator, email@example.com